The ministry is responsible for facilitating Rwanda’s economic transformation through enabling a competitive private sector integrated into regional and global markets, while ensuring a level playing field and the protection of consumers.
The functions of the ministry are as follows;
- Creating a business environment conducive to growth and the protection of consumers.
- Increase the share of services and manufacturing in GDP.
- Supporting private sector growth and job creation with a focus on SMEs.
- Promoting trade integration into regional and global markets with a focus on improving Rwanda’s trade balance.
- Building an effective human resource base and institutional capacity for delivery.
The agencies under the ministry include;
- Rwanda Bureau of Standards (RBS)
- Rwanda Cooperative Agency (RCA)