The sources of farm manure are as follows:
- Cattle shed wastes dung, urine and slurry from biogas plants.
- Human urine, town refuse, sewage and sludge.
- Poultry jitter, droppings of sheep and goats.
- Slaughterhouse wastes bone meal, meat meal, blood meal, horn and hoof meal, Fish wastes.
- Byproducts of agro industries oil cakes, bagasse and press mud, fruit and vegetable processing wastes.
- Crop wastes like for; sugarcane trash, stubbles.
- Water hyacinth, weeds and tank silt.
- Green manure crops and green leaf manuring material