Sources of manure
- Organic fertilizers are from animal sources, slaughter bi products or livestock manures, blood, and fish meals.
- Human urine, town refuse, sewage and sludge.
- Poultry jitter, droppings of sheep, goats and pigs
- Byproducts of agro industries bagasse and fruits and vegetable processing wastes.
- Crop wastes.
- Plant fertilizers like from soybean, Cotton seeds and other plant leaves and their roots that help in fixing nitrogen from the soil.
Uses of Organic Farm Manure
- Organic manure plays a role of providing humus in the soil.
- Fertilizers mobilize existing soil nutrients, so that good growth is achieved with lower nutrient densities.
- Animal manure encourages soil microbial activity which promotes the soil’s trace mineral supply improving plant nutrition.
- Organic manure contains some nitrogen that assist the growth of plants.
- Carbon dioxide released during decomposition of organic manure acts as fertilizer in the soil.