The government is the process of implementing STIP to faster track the developments in the area of science , technology and innovation. The overall goals of the National Science, Technology and Innovation Plan are as follows:
- Create an enabling policy environment to foster Science Technology and Innovation (STI) and augment their contribution to national development.
- Build the STI sector capacity to generate and transfer technology.
- Establish and strengthen the legal and regulatory framework to ensure ethics and safety in STI development and application.
- Strengthen the STI coordination framework to enhance the sector’s performance and contribution to national development
The stakeholders in science , technology and innovation whose interests, roles and responsibilities have to be considered include the following:
- Central Government
- Local Government
- Private Sector
- NGOs and CBOs
- Science and Technology Professionals
- Policy Makers and Implementers
- Development Partners
- Consumers of products of STI activities
- General Public.