The following are opportunities in Forestry sector in Rwanda
- Environmental protection has been ranked among national priorities
- Existence of decentralised civil governance structures
- Existence of the National Forestry Fund (NFF)
- High level political good will illustrated by putting in a place Institutions with a clear mission for developing the forest sector
- Existence of international conventions and agreements on forests
- Existence of a forum for private sector engagement with the Government of Rwanda.
- International Community increasing interests in forests seen as a major contributor to carbon sequestration for reducing global warming