The following are the rules which visitors have to comply with;
- Do not eat or drink while you are near the gorillas. Eating or drinking inevitably increase the risk of food falling which could increase the risk of transmission of diseases
- The maximum time one can spend with the gorillas is one hour.
- Keep your voices at a lower tone. After the visit, keep your voices down until you are 200 metres from the gorillas.
- A 5 meter distance should try to be observed at all times (15 feet) from the gorillas. This is to protect them from catching human diseases.
- Do not look the gorillas directly in the eyes and wait for the animals to pass.
- You must stay in close group whey you are near the gorillas.
- Do not attempt to touch the gorillas.