The Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development is responsible for putting in place policies and initiating laws that ensure sustainable land management promote sustainable housing for all and foster orderly urban development in the country.
- Formulate national policies, strategies and programmes on lands, housing and urban development sectors.
- Initiate, review and make amendments to existing legislation on lands, housing and urban development.
- Set national standards on matters regarding sustainable use and development of land and safe, planned and improved housing/human settlement.
- Monitor and coordinate national lands, housing and urban development initiatives and policies as they apply to Local Governments.
- Provide support supervision and technical back-stopping to Local Governments on matters regarding lands, housing and urban development.
Institutions/agencies under the ministry
National Housing & Construction Corporation