The directorate of Animal Resources
The directorate of animal resources and Fisheries is made up of three departments namely:-
- Animal production and marketing
- Livestock Health and Entomology
- Fisheries Resources
Objectives of the Directorate
Support sustainable animal disease and vector control, market oriented animal production, food quality and safety; for improved food security and household income.
The specific objectives include the following:
- Provide technical guidance for formulation and implementation of Policies, plans and Strategies in the areas of animal production and marketing, animal health and veterinary Regulation and Inspection and enforcement.
- Monitoring, inspection, evaluation and harmonization of National programs and projects in the animal sub Sector supported.
- Resources and assistance for the animal sub Sector mobilized.
- Human and institutional capacity for delivery of services in the animal sub Sector strengthened.
- Linkages and collaboration nationally within and with other Sectors as well as regionally and interNationally on issues pertaining the animal sub Sector strengthened and supported.
- Provide technical guidance for formulation, review and implementation of policies, legislation, standards, plans and strategies in the areas of animal production, animal health, veterinary regulation, inspection and enforcement;
- Coordinate the monitoring, inspection, evaluation and harmonization of national programs and projects in the sub sector;
- Advocate and mobilize resources and assistance for the sub sector;
- Provide technical guidance for human and institutional capacity enhancement for delivery of services in the sub sector;
- Establish and promote collaborative mechanisms nationally, regionally and internationally on issues pertaining to the sub sector;
- Provide guidance on the generation, dissemination and application of appropriate technologies and the provision of advisory services for the development of value chains in the sub sector