Gisenyi hot spring with several small vents is located along the eastern shore of Lake Kivu several kilometres south of Gisenyi Town and near the local brewery. This hot spring is brecciated and silicified quartzite within waters temperatures between 70 and 75°C.
Uses of the hot springs in Rwanda
- Warm water and drinking water heals various ailments.
- Water from the springs stimulates body immune system after bathing with it and drinking some.
- Hot spring water heals flu.
- Water helps to cure all rheumatic diseases.
- Hot springs are among top tourism destinations in Rwanda hence source of revenue.