Challenges with Road Transport Rwanda
- Rwanda has various hills and valleys which make it had to construct roads in those areas.
- There is no reliable local road transportation in place.
- Road destruction due to landslides during the rainy seasons
- Low income which makes it hard for some people to afford some means of transport on the Road within the country
- The maintenance costs are high because of the climate which is brought about by intense rainfall that washes away road surfaces hence requiring damage mitigation
- Rwanda’s budget not big enough to meet the high financial expenditure on road construction and maintenance
- Lack of Rwandan professionals like civil engineers and surveyors to manage the sector
- Challenges including fuel adulteration
- High road accidents due to poor driving and narrow roads.