The following are the challenges in the mining sector;
- Lack of data on estimates of mineral deposits has hindered the growth of the sector.
- No local institutions training relevant professionals and technicians to work in the mining industry.
- Lack of a final map showing all the permits for the mining.
- Low capacity in negotiating mining contracts.
- High export transport costs from the mining areas to the market.
- High energy costs that minimizes value addition to the mineral and quarry resources.