Musanze Cave is located situated in Ruhengeri 2km off Gisenyi Road
Musanze Cave is quite big and houses an amazing bat colony. The cave is an impressive tourist attraction. The cave has a natural bridge which was created by a lava flow from one of the Virunga volcanoes.
Musanze Cave is believed to have been constructed by a former local king and has on several occasions been used as a refuge.
Other caves include
- Ubuvumo Manjari deux located in Mutobo District, Ruhengeri Province
- Ubuvumo Cyamazera located in Mutura District, Gisenyi Province
- Ubuvumo Nyiragihima located in Mutobo District, Ruhengeri Province
- Ubuvumo Bwibihonga located in the Kanzenze secteur Rubavu District
- Ubuvumo Gacinyiro located in Kinigi Ruhengeri