Burundi Freight Forwarders Association is an association established under the umbrella of the Federation of East Africa Freight Forwarders Association (FEAFFA) which is an apex body of Freight Forwarders Associations in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda that was formed in 2005. It is registered and domiciled in the United Republic of Tanzania in 2006 but its Secretariat is situated in Nairobi, Kenya.
The formation of the FEAFFA was motivated by a need to provide a regional platform for dealing with issues affecting the freight industry.
- To be the mouthpiece and promote the image of the national associations and the Freight Forwarding Industry throughout the East African Region.
- To safeguard, promote and advance the common interest of members and freight forwarders of the Region.
- To promote professionalism in the sector through training and adoption of professional ethics .
- To enhance public private partnership in the sector at national and regional level.
- To encourage and facilitate collaboration with relevant national, regional and international organizations.