The hot spring is situated slightly less than 60 kilometers from Cyangugu Town by road. The Bugarama hot spring lie at the base of a limestone quarry, 3 kilometers from the Cimerwa cement factory. The spring bubble up into a large green pool which is viewed from the road side.
Uses of the hot springs in Rwanda
- Warm water and drinking water heals various ailments.
- Water from the springs stimulates body immune system after bathing with it and drinking some.
- Hot spring water heals flu.
- Water helps to cure all rheumatic diseases.
- Hot springs are among top tourism destinations in Rwanda hence source of revenue.